Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bear-Bear and Kitty

I found this on N's camera the other day.  I cannot impart to you the importance of these two little guys:


We got Bear-Bear with another, darker bear named, well, Bear.  He never was as popular with N as Bear-Bear is with Z.  Kitty was sort of a whim buy for their stockings, I think he came when they were like, one-and-a-half or so.  Unbeknownst to N, this actually the second Kitty, the first was lost permanently in the house about two years ago.  He was finally found under the guest bed, so now, I think there is a spare.

It's amazing how these things become so important to kids.  I think they are called 'significant objects' whether they be blankets or stuffed animals or whatever.  I once drove Bear-Bear, strapped in with a seatbelt, all the way to Columbus because Z forgot him and they were going to be there a few days.  I didn't mind, actually, he's pretty good company.  Kitty has been restuffed with beads from another less popular beanbag animal (who did have an organ donor card) and Bear-Bear has had several stitches and has had some new stuffing.

It's one of those things you don't really thing about until you have kids, and then, these loveys, these real and enduring friends become very, very important.


From Marci's '...things you don't expect to hear from the backseat...'

"Ow... (pause) ...and now I know why not to do that." 


Live and learn, little guys, live and learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment