Wednesday, May 2, 2012

They Don't Know That I Know

I found out, finally, where they get their ability to keep going and going and going:


Yep, pre-paid energy cards.  This one apparently good for eight hours and two minutes.

This is how Z can dance perpetually through breakfast and dinner and lunch here at home, they must sit at school.  How Nick can wiggle constantly and get up early, very early, every morning.

This is how they can stay up an hour after bedtime, talking and giggling, gossiping and plotting, dreaming and hoping as their mother and I struggle to remain cool in our mutual states of exhaustion and befuddlement.  This is how they remain so vigilant at Wii and continue to read and play ball and...

Honestly, they do sometimes exhaust us.

I am looking into where they attain these cards.  Is it at school, during the constant card trading that happens on the bus?  Is there a web site?  Were they issued at birth and I can't find the stash?  That's what I think, I hear they run out in their teens and end up sleeping late and being generally lethargic, I'm looking forward to that.

From Marci's '...things you don't expect to hear from the backseat...'

"Not very many Ninjas wear underwear."

I did not know that...


1 comment:

  1. Well duh! Of course not! How would they preform their skills with ninja quickness and superior stealthiness if their undies keep riding up?

    ReplyDelete