Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Baseball Catastrophe"


If I followed this blog and saw this I would accuse me of making this one up, especially knowing my propensity toward fiction.  I did not.



I have seen thousands of comics strips far less funny than this one.  As God is my witness, I do not know how Z managed to spell catastrophe right, but he did.  It's a couple guys throwing a little ball.  I love how it takes four frames for the ball to make it from one dude to the other, talk about building the suspense.  And then, bam right in the neck, which everyone knows can quickly remove one's head.  "Ow," he says.  Sort of nonchalant for a guy losing his head, I'd say.

"Plop," the classic sound of a severed head hitting the ground.  Note that he is still smiling.

"Help."  A statement, still smiling.  I am not sure who that is who comes to the rescue, the head-replacer, I can only assume, I don't think it's the one who threw the ball.  The head-replacer has a somewhat unforgettable hairdo.

And, everything is good in the end.  It's far funnier than absolutely any Family Circus I have ever seen.  (I just like to pick on Family Circus, arguably the worst comic ever.)

Again, I have to assure you that this is real and not made-up.  I also hope you can see why I have to do this, sometimes it's just too damned easy.

From Marci's '...things you don't expect to hear from the backseat...' 

"I have 2,836,471 points.  You have zero.  I win."

 There will, of course, be a recount...

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I used to love to draw cartoon strips like this as a kid. It's brilliant and it made me laugh! Nice job Z!

    ReplyDelete