Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Scoobiesnacks


In the post from a few days back called Niddi and Zat I was sad because I didn't have much of their talking recorded.  I stumbled across this looking at pictures today.  It seems I got some good stuff every now and then:





In the restaurant business a "Scoobiesnack" is defined as, and this is from the manual, a purposefully purloined, often prepared, sometimes raw, tasty little edible that kitchen help invent for their own private enjoyment.  It maybe as simple as a sliced carrot or fresh berries or as complex as beef tenderloin trimmings floured and deep fried with lots of salt and pepper dipped in simmering demi-glace`, not that I've ever done that.  It is important to note that "cookermen" (Nick's word for cooks and chefs) don't just cook with herbs, at least they didn't in the eighties and nineties.  Sometimes the herbs cooked them.

Out of habit, it's what I call kitchen snacks.  Z defines it well when he says "...when our eat things what aren't weady yet..."  Yep.


I have been restless of late and, as is becoming quite clear, I post too much when I get nervous.


From Marci's '...things you don't expect to hear from the backseat...'

N: "I have a thousand."
Z: "I have a million."
N: "I have a billion."
Z: "I have a trillion."
N: "I have a hundred trillion forty thousand bazillion ninety hundred cajillion seventy three hundred pa-billion."
(pause)
Z: " I have that many ... plus one."


Wicked-good trump....





No comments:

Post a Comment