Friday, February 15, 2013

Little Starfish


Here's a book Nick needed to make:








Little Starfish
  
by
Nicholas Peebles


“Hi!  I’m Starler, sorry for the interruption.  I lost my parents, will you help me find them?”
“YES,” I said.
“Thank you, thank you!”
“Do you know anything about your parents?”
“I lost them at birth,”  Starler said.
“So sorry.  I need to go up for air,” I said.
“Okay,” said Starler.
I went up for air and twenty seconds later I went down again.
“My friend Sam the Sea Lion will help,” said Starler.
We went to Sam’s house, knocked on the door… rrrrrrrrrinnnnnng. We went inside, we discussed the problem to him.
“Hmmmmm,” Sam said, “I think I’ll be able to help you find your parents.”
“I’ll use my sub,” I said.





“Here we go again,” My friend Tod said as we drove away, “he has no experience!”
“So?” I said.
“Tell me why there is a missile on this?” Starler said.
“In case we get into trouble,” I said, “See.”
I pointed to a red button that said EMEGENCY on it.
“Uh, I think this is an emergency,” Tod said.
There was a big eye in front of the sub. I pressed EMERGENCY and the missile out, it hit him.
“Hooray,” we cried. 
“We must be near his den,” Sam the Sea Lion said.
About two minutes later.  Oh, we have weapons in our sub, Now where was I?  Oh, yeah.
About two minutes later we ran into another octopus.  We had no missile!  We got our weapons.  In one strike of the octopuses tentacle we sank and sank and sank.






We sank too far down.  We found a message, it said:  ‘to open the gate to Atlantis you need to get a shell to open the gate.’
“Okay,” I said, “I gotta shell.”
The gate opened, we went inside.  It was  so pretty.  We went inside the temple, to our surprise there was no one there.  There were dolphins and starfish and lots and lots more.
Oh, we went with our weapons.
We went back to our sub.  Now we went upward, we went to the shallow water.  We looked in caves.  We didn’t find anything.
We went to the medium level, we looked in caves, we did not find anything again. 
We thought we were lost, until Starly spoke up:





“I think we need to go to the bottom of the sea to find my parents,” Starly said.
We went down.
“We have our missile,” I said.
“Yay,” we said.
About an hour later we saw the same eye, again.  I pressed the button that said EMERGENCY, the missile shot.
“Yay!” we shouted.  Then we went farther down.
Then an hour later we hit the bottom.  UMF!
We looked in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 caves.  We saw some other family Starly knew, The Cloths, The Stars and the The Hints.  The last name Starly is Bottombumper the First.  Because it was the first starfish to ever have the same last name.
Then we saw 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 more caves.  We went through all of them except the twelfth one.





We looked through it, it was his family cave.  Carved into it was:  ‘Bottombumper the First.’
“Hello,” they said.
“Our baby!  Oh, thank you, thank you thank you!”
Me and Tod said, “We need to go up for air.”
“Okay.”
“It was a great day,” I said to Tod.
“Yes,” said Tod.
We told everyone in our neighborhood.



He had a lot of fun making this and is very proud of it.  I typed in the text and made it into a booklet for him.  I love it.

It is said that the nut doesn't fall very far from the tree, I love my little Nick nut.





2 comments:

  1. I'm a fan. Clearly, this kid is combining the best parts of Sphere, The Abyss, and Diego.

    I especially like how there's a non-sequitur Eye that seems to be following them around everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Non-sequitur should have been his middle name. I appreciate you coming around, Neal.

      Delete