Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mighty Mini Oaks


What's that?  Oh, well, thanks for asking.  The trees in the backyard, the oaks we planted last Arbor Day Spring, are doing quite well.  I worry about them so, I made sure their roots were buried and I keep them watered and I'll mulch around them one more time.

Since you were so nice to ask I went out and got a couple snapshots of them.  (How can snapshots seem like such an old-timey word?):


Zack's Tree


Nick's Tree

Z's is getting all glorified in red and gold; his tree is sort of pushy and full of itself, in a nice way, I guess.

N's tree is shyer, a quiet tree, stoic; just showing a bit of red pin-striping for the fall season.

I would hope for a mild winter, but I can't.  The boys want snow and fireplaces and cozy blankets and video games, so, I hope the trees in the backyard will survive the...

What?

Oh, you asked about Marci's backseat thing... awkward.

Uh, nevermind.


From Marci's '...things you don't expect to hear from the backseat...'

N: "I know what I am going to name my baby if I ever have a little girl."

M: "What's that?"


N: "Sacagawea."


She was hot...  That might be unpopular...


No comments:

Post a Comment