Friday, August 24, 2012

"I'm Varey Icesited To Meat You"


The past couple of years we have encouraged the boys to write a note to give their teacher when they go to preview their classroom before the start of school.  I am fairly certain I have the previous years' somewhere.

This is from N:




Yeah, we need the decoder ring here. That first sentence reads, believe it or not, "I can't wait to learn more science."  Next is  "last year I had Mrs. (censored to protect the innocent) class.  I like sports and Wii and music and... the zoo."  I have never been prouder, he can spell Wii and, he knows how to use an ellipse incorrectly just like his old man.  (God this spelling is horrific.)

"Last Spring I played baseball.  Thi-s year I'm playing soccer.  I am seven years old.  I was born on April 5th.  We were supposed to be born on May 5th.  I am very excited to meet you."  Good small talk there buddy.  Oh, he was very proud of the little 'th' after his numbers, he nailed that, huh?

Here is Z's offering:


"I am Zac-k."  Good start.  "I like math, sports, music and just having fun."  What is this a personal ad?  (God love him, his commas are up there where an apostrophe usually is.)  "Last year I was in Mrs. (censored to protect the innocent).  I am seven years old.  I am nice and very fun."  He's sort of selling himself a little too hard here, I'd say.  "I am very excited to meet you."

I sincerely hope there is a major focus on spelling this year, my decoder ring is only guaranteed for another year.


From Marci's '...things you don't expect to hear from the backseat...'

"Is cat poop a form of zombies?"

You know, I've never been clear on that...


1 comment:

  1. It doesn't get better. My kids can spell, they just choose not to. It's the age of texting my friend...

    ReplyDelete